1. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Works where you were surprised to learn you were in the minority of viewers

Back when some friends and I did a podcast about sci-fi and fantasy (no, you haven't heard of it, I think it barely broke triple digits of listeners per episode) we had one episode where the topic was basically the same as this thread and I started out by saying that I didn't really see why people thought either Star Wars and Star Trek were that great (don't get me wrong, they're both entertaining enough, I've just never understood why they've reached the point of geek religions) and of course the reactions to that took up the rest of the episode. Though I suppose that doesn't really count, as I was well aware I was in the minority.

Since it feels too easy to bash on popular stuff, I've been racking my brain trying to think of something where I was surprised people didn't like it as much as I did, but I'm having trouble coming up with anything. There are certainly works that I think should be more appreciated (my goto is usually "Person of Interest", I genuinely think that the latter half of that is one of the best sci-fi shows out there) but I'm not sure if any of those qualify.

I guess I might've been surprised that so few prefer Legend of Korra over the Last Airbender?
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2024-05-07 at 03:40 PM.