It has been slow, but mostly my fault I admit. I like these big social scenes sometimes, but particularly when I spread everyone out there's less direction and sometimes I take longer than I should to corral that back into motion. When combat kicks in, there's a system, there's goals, there's boundaries. When we're swanning about at a gala, it's mostly a chance for those who want to to flex their writing a bit, express character, and so forth. But also it sort of goes on until I say so because the clock doesn't move till I move it. But I'm keen to get us back underway into a mission with a goal.

I appreciate the suggestions Plaids; honestly I'm forever grateful that you guys are having fun enough that a game with a languid pace still holds your interests at all! I play games by voice chat sometimes, but I don't think I'd want to for this one mostly because the written record of everything is useful for referring back, because scheduling across timezones is a nightmare, and somewhat selfishly, I use games like this that I run as way to work on my writing since I still harbour delusions of writing something worth publishing one day.

But I'm sure we can get back into a rhythm and regularity anyway. I'll put up a new OOC now, if you guys want to plug in placeholder posts for your character sheets and transfer/tinker with them there. I'll move the scene along when I post in the IC tomorrow!