1. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Dysfunctional Rules X: I Cast Comprehend Rules

Lots of examples, ShurikVc. By necessity they fall into one of two categories:

1. They do create an exception to the tarrasque's invulnerability, and therefore can kill the tarrasque, because specific beats general. The tarrasque's general rule does not become "false" (or dysfunctional) because it has exceptions - virtually every rule does.
    2. They do not create an exception, and therefore cannot kill the tarrsaque. It's invulnerability holds, and is therefore obviously not "false" (or dysfunctional).

That's it. Those are the only possibilities, it is one or the other. If A is false, NOT A must be true and vice versa. There is no way for A and NOT A to be both true or both false - that's basic logic.

I am not going to go through your myriad examples and figure out which category they fall into, because I cannot be bothered and because it really doesn't matter.

There is perhaps a legitimate criticism that, because the tarrasque's Regeneration explicitly has so much greater scope than the normal Regeneration they should have called it something different. But I don't think that that rises to the level of a dysfunction.
    Last edited by glass; 2024-05-12 at 11:29 AM.
    (He/him or they/them)