Spoiler: The Heralding Storm
Show
Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
The Heralding Storm 2(W/G)
Enchantment

Storm
Backup 1
Exalted

A storm to support the weak and wipe away evil.
Quite a powerful storm win condition. If you have a creature that can get through, this will give it +3/+3 that turn per storm count, then +2/+2 on following turns. However, I really like backup on a non-creature, and exalted is a good keyword to pair with it because it works the same on creatures and non-creatures. Storm and Exalted also work well as one of the only stacking keywords.

Spoiler: Arc Binder
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
Arc Binder (r/p]))(r/p)(r/p)
Artifact creature- Phyrexian Construct
Backup 2
Trample
modular 2
When this creature deals combat damage to anything other than a creature, proliferate, then sacrifice it.
Creatures you control with power 4 or greater are artifacts in addition to their other types and have haste.
0/0
My only real problem with this is the Phyrexian mana making it free. Other than that, backup and modular are cool together, although some people might misplay and also put the modular counters on the backup target. One issue with modular is that it only targets artifact creatures, but this makes things into artifacts. It all hangs together very well, but would probably kill your opponent too fast.

Spoiler: Rats of the Shadowflame
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
Rats of the Shadowflame 1RB
Creature - Demon Rats R
Undying, Riot
When Rats of the Shadowflame dies it deals X damage to each creature and player where X is equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it.
2/2
It's going to be rare that you'll pick the counter when you first play this. I like how the card has multiple phases to it, where it can be a 2/2 haste, then a 4/4, then a minor boardwipe.

Spoiler: Uzu, the Shadow Storm
Show
Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
Uzu, the Shadow Storm 2R
Legendary Creature - Fox Human Ninja M
~ isn't legendary if it's a token.
For each experience counter you have, Uzu has myriad and prowess.
(U/B): Until end of turn, Uzu must be blocked if able. If it would deal combat damage to a player, you gain an experience counter instead. If it would deal lethal combat damage to a permanent, you gain control of that permanent instead.
1/3
This can get out of hand fast. At first I didn't realize that the ability needed to be activated so that you don't have exponential experience counter growth. It really penalizes the whole table for having one player who doesn't develop a board. It's not broken because it's still a 1/3 that dies to removal.

Spoiler: Corner on the Stand
Show
Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
Corner on the Stand - 1W
A finger points at a well-dressed devil who is looking away and sweating.
Instant - C
Put a Defender counter on target creature and suspect it. (A creature with defender can't attack. A suspected creature has menace and can't block.)
An elegant variation on Pacifism, this is a bit harder to remove, but doesn't have the enchantment synergies. I always appreciate a common design, they are surprisingly difficult to do.

Spoiler: Winner
Show
This was a really creative round. It was close, but I have to give it to The Heralding Storm by JNAProductions. While it probably needs to be toned down a bit, all three mechanics work together in exactly the way I was looking for.