If I were writing the second season, I would take the last chapter of the book, which ends with Toronaga musing on his plans to defeat Ishido, then outmaneuver the council of five left as regent by Hideyoshi to govern for his son until he was of age. Then the final siege of Osaka, one of the great battles of the world in which western ships and cannon played a significant part. That allows us to write in a side part for Blackthorne.

So we have a lot of game of thrones-style action with some really dramatic set piece battles. All of this happens off-screen in the original book, but it can be brought front row center for spectacle in season 2.

My thought would be to have the battle of Segekihara in season 2, leaving the culminating Siege of Osaka for season 3, if one is renewed. I have no idea what they're going to do once Toronaga has successfully achieved his ambitions. Some how I don't think modern Japan is going to look at the brutal persecution of religious minorities which were a characteristic of his later reign.

Respectfully,

Brian P.