Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
Hard no.

“I think he’s been here among us all along!” has to be right up there with “Somehow, Palpatine returned.”
Particularly because they already did that plot in the first season. "Find the Sauron" was a bad plot once, there's really no reason to repeat it.

This new trailer reminded me of one of those achingly bad early-90s fantasy movies, except with unaccountably high production values. And they borrowed Armus from TNG Season One.
If it had been achingly bad in a cheesy fun way I'd have enjoyed it. I like Xena, a show that is frequently awful, has plots that defy human reason, and a production budget of nearly $45 per episode, and it's a blast because it's fun and energetic and knows precisely how to execute what it is. RoP is dour and self-serious, not in that absolutely zero self awareness of how cheesy this actually is way that makes for a blissfully unaware and therefore fascinatingly entertaining bad movie, just in normal ways about normal things to a very boring effect.

That said, to be fair the production values on the first season were excellent. There's some definite misfires here and there, but overall the show looks great, the props and effects folks should be proud. I only wish the actual story was worth the effort.

Didn’t the first season have a 37% completion rate? Meaning two out of three households who started watching never made it all the way through?

And now I’m trying to come up with stats for something like this.[/QUOTE]