Quote Originally Posted by Idless View Post
I still don't get his tactic :(

If you're not a wargamer, that's to be expected. Prepare for geekiness galore. :)

As I understand it, Parson is stacking four or five game rules that are individually sensible and innocuos and making a situation in which he can attack forever without fear of losing units. This is the exploit he's come up with.

First, he places his units in terrain where the large majority of his opponents forces can't reach him at all. He's also holding two-third of his units in reserve as defenders.

Second, he's using warlords to fine-tune his targetting, so he isn't wasting attacks on crap units. This is a much bigger deal than it sounds.

Third, he's using very fast, long-range units to race in, attack a great deal, and then retreat to his "safe spot". This is a key part of the exploit. He gets to attack at full power, the other side doesn't.

Fourth, since he's able to fine-tune his targeting, (see two above) he can retreat at will. This is HUGE, since dwagons apparently have a lot of hits and can take quite a beating. Thus they can do a lot of damage by killing stacks and then retreat.

Fifth, once he's used all his attack units and has retreated with them beaten into barely ambulatory pulp, leaving masses of death in his wake, they are all instantly and completely healed the next morning and he can do it all again. Forever!

Sixth, he has more move than his victims do. He can engage and retreat at will. And the autoheal at dawn gives him an infinite supply of hitpoints.

Its a really ugly thing he's got going on. :)

Unless Ansom can pop out something unexpected (very possible) Parson can grind him into oblivion using this. Parson discovering that he also has better battlespace awareness was just icing on this yummy cake of whoopass.

Ansom is in trouble, unless there's something we don't know. Really the only way I can see for Ansom to beat what Parson is doing is to charge Gobwin Knob full tilt and try to topple the city before the party platter of doom kills him.