View Single Post

Thread: [Base Races]Magesworn Elves

1. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Base Races]Magesworn Elves

Magesworn Elf Racial Traits
    +2 Int, -2 Wis: Elves are highly intelligent, but very reckless.
    Alright then. Makes a super Wizard, since Wisdom isn't that useful for a Wizard, as the Skill Bonuses (from being an Elf) and High Save (from Wizard) work in their favor already.

Medium-Size
    Gasp! Medium! How peculiar!

Base land speed is 30ft.
    Medium and 30 ft land speed? Wow!
    I'm just kidding. No problem with these, of course.

+2 bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks.
    Elfy elf elf. Do they retain the finding secret doors ability?

+2 racial bounus on Knowledge checks
    Ooo... That makes total skill bonuses +28, or +30 if you include Psionics. That's alot. Also, Wizard (favored class again) has ALL knowledge skills, so 1 rank in all of them gives you access to any knowledge check at about +7 apiece (+4 Int, +2, 1 Rank.) That's alot. Which is only augmented by....

Elves gain the same skill bonus as humans, but not the feat bonus.
    ....this which gives you more skill points bonuses (+4 at first level, +1 every level after.) Also, you're +2 Int increases this more - So, more Skill Points, on average, than a Human

All magesworn gain one bonus language at first level.
    Which is in addition to the one they learn from +2 Int.

Favored Class: Wizard
    I wonder why.

Strong. Very Strong. Strong +0 LA, but weak +1 LA. I'm on the fence, but I'm just giving feedback. Right now, it's far better than a Human. +28 skills, as well as extra skills, beats a Human's bonus feat anyday. Also, the Synergy of Wizard and Magesworn Elf is really strong, furthering their strength. I'd personally say +1 LA as it stands right now, but a few tweaks here and there, and you're golden.

If it were me, I'd say no bonus skills like a Human, and no Bonus Language - After all, you gain those automatically from increased Int. +2 Knowledge (arcana) and +2 Knowledge (nature). Maybe give them the door ability back, because they still lack the common Proficiencys.
    Last edited by JackMage666; 2007-05-22 at 05:04 PM.
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.