I wonder how much this discussion influences the strips to come or whether Rob already has the next 10 strips in his drawer and just sits in front of his screen laughing diabolically...

I'm not sure what will happen next... If Ansom really goes in there (and leaves as soon as he recognizes a trap or whatever) that will break the alliance's moral...
If he doesn't go in there he will break it anyway because he'll be called a chicken for running away from the enemy...

No matter what the donut o' doom holds for him, it wont be nice. I wonder whether it's actually possible to build physical traps (like those jungle fighters use) or whether it's only possible to deploy units and make them "hide". Another question: Does Ansom know the territory the central hex is (from a map or so). What if it is some kind of a mud pool or swamp that slows his units down even further than the thick forest already does... That would quit immobilise his woodsies for a while and either stop the whole column to wait for them or leaves them seperated from the large group making both more vulnerable.

I mean, obviously this is not the position Parson would have chosen in the first place for his donut. It's to close to the column not to be found... So he wants it to be found... har har har... and then... we wait for Saturday...