The Core

Partak and Dekar walk into the bar. Sitting on a stool just inside near an office door is an old Ortolan male watching a news feed on a portable viewer. He looks up as they approach, checks the time, frowns, and says, "Go on in. No cover for another 30 minutes."

Proceeding a little further in, there is a bar on the right side opposite a lavatory, and beyond both a big round room. The room consists of three rings of lounge style seating. Lots of big soft lounge chairs clustered 2 or 3 around a small glass table. The middle ring of seating is about 1.5 meters lower than the outer ring and the inner ring is another 1.5 meters lower than that. The setup almost looks line an arena.

In the center of the room is a lighted dance floor with a couple dancers. At this time of day, the place is mostly empty with less than 10 occupants(including the employees).

Other than the dancers, there are a pair of Ortolan men sitting, drinking and watching. In the back corner, you can barely make out another figure(G). Several of the lights in that area of the bar have burnt out. The figure is about 2 meters tall but very wide, maybe 1.5 meters. It is wearing a full hooded cloak and is standing with his back to the wall watching the bar.

While Partak checks out the moods and energy levels in the room Dekar talks to the bartender. She responds to his questions with a half hearted smile and says, "Just trying to stay in business. Import costs have gone through the roof. The Imperial tax levels are much higher than they were a couple months ago." She seems to bite her lip and then blirts out, "And, you bounty hunters always shooting first and asking questions later. Aside from a loss of clientele, the costs to replace furniture and my labor costs going through the roof, I'm getting suck paying medical costs for people injured."

She looks him over and says with a smile, "You want to help? Lose the blaster and go dance. Show us why the Twi'lek are famous dancers across the universe."

Core Map

Bargain Billy

The bartender says, "Sir, I'm afraid my programming does not allow me to learn the names of biologicals. You may want to leave your message on the message board there." He gestures to a section of the wall to the left of the bar with various advertisements and messages pinned up.

Dross walks into the private booth and interjects himself on the card game. The Gamorrean grumbles at the request but before he can explicitly verbalize his feelings, the Imperials say, almost in unison, "Always good to have fresh credits in the game. We are playing a game our friend here, calls 'The Hutt Shuffle'. Pull up a chair."

The Gamorrean shifts uncomfortably in his chair and eyes his vibroaxe, which is leaning against the wall to his side. He almost seems to glare at the woman who then stands, leaning across the table to shake Dross's hand. Her breasts hanging forward for the one Imperial to ogle and leaving her butt nearly in the face of the other Imperial. "My name is 'Hellina'. You here for business or, um, pleasure?", she says with a smile and wink.