1. - Top - End - #668
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: The Necromancer's Pact VIII: The Rising Tide

Tanner Gondsman

Tanner listens intently to the tale woven by Khazrael. He meets his gaze with kind eyes and a knowing nod but does not interject. When he leaves the shelter with Tiriel, Tanner does not try to stop either but looks to make sure no one else does. He then returns to his work tending the wounded until...

Quote Originally Posted by Matticus View Post
    Grynde, Isolated from internet for thirty-four hours.

Does anybody else have something to reveal?
    Tanner finishes administering to Adalmar and pats him on the shoulder before turning and facing Grynde. "You seem more out of sorts than normal, Grynde. Is something bothering you? Perhaps an after-effect of the wyrm's trill?" Tanner looks intently at Grynde for a moment and then decides, No - same Grynde...just a bit more irritable and irritating. Tanner smiles at Grynde, "If you would like to know more about me, all you have to do is ask." Tanner's voice grows louder and addresses the others with his gaze as he speaks to all. "I have nothing to reveal other than a minute understanding of Khazrael's plight. I am no expert on outsiders or people for that matter, but I do believe that one should be measured by their heart and their merit. As an outlander to the Rashemi, I wasn't trusted initially. This is no slight on the Rashemi at all," Tanner says looking at Tryntha, "but it is one that I am sure any of us here has done and will continue to do out of experience. Eventually, I became accepted within the Rashemi by remaining true to myself and to those I met, and I am thankful for that. Khazrael has hidden nothing from us and has only spoken truthfully to us - even if it would mean judgement by those here. I have no right to judge, for I am no god - I am simply a humble servant of one. Gond has granted me many great gifts, and I use these to emulate the best that Gond has to offer. Gond is a builder - a creator of things. Relationships are one thing that only we can build, and moments such as these are crucial to making something stronger than adamantine. Now, I cannot tell you how to think or what to feel, but I ask you to put yourselves in Khazrael's position. Think of how he must feel before you make a judgement; think of what you would want if roles were reversed. Then do what you think is right."

Tanner then looks everyone in the eyes again and resumes tending to the wounded before he takes his post on watch.
    Last edited by Darius; 2007-07-07 at 11:39 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw