View Single Post

Thread: Erfworld 66: page 60

1. - Top - End - #190
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 66: page 60

Quote Originally Posted by Dwagon View Post
    That being said, from a pure story telling perspective I would expect Ansom to get out of this situation one way or another, probably Vinnie too. Could be without the pliers, could be without his troops, could be a rescue by Jillian that intercepts the dwagons bringing Ansomn to Gobwin Knob, I don't know. He's the main protagonist that's why I don't think we saw the end of him.
    Perhaps so. The last possibility doesn't work, though -- the plan is for the dwagons to return home at the end of Stanley's next turn, and failing to do that would be a major and obvious boop-up (especially if Ansom starts bringing the air units home this turn, so that all of them, not just a few, will be available to screen what's left of his column the turn after that).

We didn't get to see the Wanda-Jillian relation play a role in the war either, and that would be weird storytelling to have put all this in place to not use it later (possible, but not probable).
    The authors' current plan is to tell more stories in this world if this one is sufficiently successful, so there may be a few Chekovian guns left hanging over the mantel when this chapter ends.

That said, learning Ansom's plans from Jillian was helpful, insofar as it informed Parson that the siege units rather than the tunnel-fighting units were the high-value targets. (Wanda probably also got a description of Ansom's forces, to match up with what they already knew from the Eyemancers and confirm that Jillian was being a very good girl and not holding anything back.)

And, of course, we haven't yet seen just what Wanda intends to do with her "subtle control"....
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-07-09 at 11:09 AM.