Quote Originally Posted by teratorn View Post
I see it the other way around.
Parson "See how he's afraid and he thinks these dwagons are going after him?"
Stanley "Yeah let's do it."
Parson "You're smarter than that."
Stanley "Am I?"
Parson "Yes, that is what he expects, but you'll do something else."

EDIT: the thing is, Parson gets Ansom but loses most of his dwagons and lets siege within the column. The alliance could keep going to the city then.
Agreed... taking out Ansom won't win the war... Ansom is the chief warlord, does well to hold the alliance together and weilds the arkenpliers... However, the Arkenpliers may not turn the tide in Stanely's favor, the alliance can still hold together in Ansom's absence, and the alliance can promote a new chief warlord to replace Ansom... Even if Ansom goes down, the fight my, and probably will still go on, with the alliance still holding the strong advantage in numbers...

However, If Paron were to attack the column, he could cripple it's ability to attck the city... the Alliance may have numbers and Ansom but they would seriously lack the units needed to properly attack the city... it would really do wonders for evening the fight out...

But hey, it could be possible that Parson is actually capable of attacking both =P

The Arkenpliers are a "a decent melee weapon" but give no ranged attack [that he knows of] and he can only defend against a singe unit at a time. The Dwagons are the attackers, and even with Ansom gets air-borne likely the faster, so the initiative in the battle is theirs to call. Five (or more) Dwagons going after two fliers, first Ansom then Vinny, while the other three hang back out of the initial sortie and down he'll go. If he doesn't get air-borne, he's no more useful/dangerous to offensive fliers then the Gumps or any other non-flier. The Elves might get a few hitsies while the Dwagons strafed him, but he's basically toasted just the same.
Ansom has ground support from the elves in addtion to air support from vinne and his bats... i don't think it would be hard for Ansom to just evade the normal dwagons and make a b-line for the warlords... hell, because of how things generally work, Ansom's smaller carpet may very well be better at amnuveuring than the large dwagons... remeber it only takes a single touch for Ansom to take out one of those warlords, which i think Ansom would be very capable of...

Also, for those that bring it upp... i think Parson does know about the arkenpliers... Just as wanda told Parson about Ansom's weakness for Jillian i would think he would tell him about the pliers... considering Gobwinknob's warlord's are uncroaked that would be VERY vital information to leave out