The authors' current plan is to tell more stories in this world if this one is sufficiently successful, so there may be a few Chekovian guns left hanging over the mantel when this chapter ends.
I missed that information. Thanks for the heads up on that!

That said, learning Ansom's plans from Jillian was helpful, insofar as it informed Parson that the siege units rather than the tunnel-fighting units were the high-value targets. (Wanda probably also got a description of Ansom's forces, to match up with what they already knew from the Eyemancers and confirm that Jillian was being a very good girl and not holding anything back.)

And, of course, we haven't yet seen just what Wanda intends to do with her "subtle control"....
Agreed with both, I was refering to the second when I said we didn't see the Wanda-Jillian relation play a role in the story yet.

On a side note I wonder if Parson's tactics couldn't be used closer to Gobwin knob with same efficiency? Hit siege and heavies from GN, and get back there the same turn where it's safe. If it works it will put even more pressure on the alliance to go through tunnels. That being said we saw Dwagons were sleeping in trees, not in the city so it might not work.

Ansom has ground support from the elves in addtion to air support from vinne and his bats... i don't think it would be hard for Ansom to just evade the normal dwagons and make a b-line for the warlords... hell, because of how things generally work, Ansom's smaller carpet may very well be better at amnuveuring than the large dwagons... remeber it only takes a single touch for Ansom to take out one of those warlords, which i think Ansom would be very capable of...
That's how I understood it too. We'll see (hopefully tomorrow).