Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian View Post
Let's also keep in mind that the Alliance forces are trying to attack units in a forest. Even if they're forest-capable, that only makes it possible for them to strike the dragons - normal units can't. It's still likely that the dragons have a major defensive advantage.

I suspect that, had the ring of lesser dragons attacked once Ansom had destroyed the warlords, the forest elves and gumps would have had a serious defensive advantage.
At the bare minimum, they would have the warlord bonus, and the dragons would not. As I said earlier, I also think that the gumps (not being archery) may not be able to effect the flying dragon attacks on GK's turn unless the dragons attack them (which may have happened on uncontrolled warlord-less auto-attack).

After that we get to almost pure speculation on things like: how targeting works with warlords on both sides, potential terrain benefits when defending forests, the possibility of flanking/surrounding bonuses, exactly how tough a dragon is compared to a gump or a warlord, etc. etc.

Still... speculation is fun, isnt it?