Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
But why run through the stacks of 5 and 6 dwagons when moving through a stack of 4 gets the same result?
We don't know Ansom's reason yet. We don't know how many moves the forest units have. We don't know the exact flanking rules of Erfworld. Moving through the center does not achieve the exact same position as attacking the nearest pincer hex. That we have to wait and see.

Ansom would presumably want to protect the siege with as many units as he could to minimize his losses. That means pulling all the archers together he could.
Ansom and his warlords agreed that in their current air/ground configuration they could not defend the seige units effectively. Hence they, not just Ansom, decided to counterattack.

Range. Defenses. Counterattack. And the siege would still exist, which is the greater threat to GK.
He still has all those to defend his boop plus Jillian, her flyers and the Archons.

First point's pointless. Ansom knows he'll take losses and accepts it.
He'll take losses that make sense. He's shown that. Stanley will talk losses that don't make rational sense. He's shown that. Again, it's out of character for Ansom to take losses without gaining something back.

Second point... in a siege of GK, attacking a city hex, he specifically needs forest units?
He's not at the city yet. And what if Stanley does something again that needs forest units to counter. What if Stanley escpaes Gobwin Knob. Ansom is the man with the plan for the unexpected and all that.

Third point... which were pretty useless on their own and irrelevant to an attack on GK since Parson can pull the dwagons behind the walls to protect them and let them heal.
Huh? Didn't you just say Ansom needs archers? The woodsy elves are archers.

Fourth point - only when led by a warlord. Three dwagons took on 2 full stacks without a dwagon being croaked.
Wha? The dwagons took 2 stacks of elves not gumps. Ents...er gumps are big and strong though made of wood. They are at least useful in certain seige situations, no? But whether or not elves or gumps need warlords to be effective, warlords is something is not lacking in.

Fifth point - Could have. But he charged in.
Not disputing that. I'm disputing his reason. Recklessness is out of chracter for him. But we'll have to wait to see who is right.

I pointed it out. In the column, only archers and fliers can protect him. In the forest, archers, fliers and forest units can protect him.
I'm not a math-o-mancer but it seems Ansom's got more than enough protection in the column with himself, his carpet, his pliers, the remaining get-their-hitsies-archers and slow-fliers still with the column, Vinnie and his bats, and Jillian and her gwiffons and the Archons who were ready to get back to the column this turn.

Story arc would have ended anyway. So they get a new leader. One who's actually capable of learning and countering Parson. Ansom... doesn't seem to be too swift on the uptake here.
It's not that it ends or the ending itself. One can guess the overall story arc for at least some of the characters. It's how you end the story arc. I, personally, would like to see more than a 1-2 punch knockout. And it seems to me that as characters go, Ansom is not that bad. And given what's been revealed (and not revealed) so far, I don't think Ansom's story arc is over. But Ansom can't be as sympathetic or charismatic to the readers as Parson or Stanley. He's the anti-anti-hero....the good guy...to Parson's anti-hero and Stanley's villian.