View Single Post

Thread: Ask a Canadian!

1. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ask a Canadian!

*sighs happily as I read this thread* I miss Canadian culture... I've lived in the states for 8 years now. I've totally missed out on Vinyl Cafe, I didn't get to see the movie about curling, and I have to ask for Arrogant Worms cd's for christmas because they don't sell them down here. I'm a born and bred Saskie where the wind never stops and you can drive for an hour without seeing a house that's lived in. *cell phones, blankets, emergency kit, and spare tires are very important things to have in a vehicle... oh and booster cables*

I used to say eh all the time and never even noticed. Until I got here where people constantly pointed it out to me. Thanks to marrying a Texan, I now say y'all all the time instead. *chuckles* I keep telling people that now I am able to say, "Good Day y'all eh!" And for some reason they die laffing. Very odd.

The ONE thing I want down here more than anything else... except maybe Don Cherry and Hockey night in Canada, is POUTINE! god I miss that stuff. *sniffs*

Oh, and if you're wanting a decent, but not well known Canadian group... try Big Rude Jake. *grin*

PS: SEND RICKARDS RED!!! Lots of it!! And Polar Ice.
    Last edited by Kitya; 2007-07-19 at 11:55 AM.
    Proud supporter of the IMP (Insignificant Monsters and Pests) and OGRE (the Organization of Giants, Reprobates, and Elementals) Unions!

The Giver of Gooshy Foods

av drawn by Jennie Breeden... maker of the webcomic Devil's Panties