View Single Post

Thread: Motivators and Lolerfs (image-heavy)

1. - Top - End - #164
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: Motivators and Lolerfs (image-heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    If I did something like that for "The Barbarian and What's Best in Life" then I would make it tiny enough so that it would clearly just be a thumbnail preview. Actually, it might work well to have a hyperlink thumbnail of the first frame of your animated one.
    I ended up using a credits frame I added to the end of the animation the other day -- that has the advantage of not hinting at any of the specific content.

You'd have my permission to modify the credit banner except that you don't need it. It's a remix itself (of the first page) so it falls under their CCL too. I couldn't resist the recursiveness.
    It was basically a courtesy comment. I've worked up a 150x400 version by clonebrushing a clean section of background and re-adding the text (which produced a sharper end result that retweaking and reducing an existing bitmap image of text).

The tricky part was balancing the icons and the Creative Commons license URL. Breaking it into two lines, indented, seems to work fairly well -- I think it's obvious to anybody who knows how to use the Net that you type it in as one line.

I'll probably do a few more tweaks to letter spacing and composition (I have the text saved as a separate layer to facilitate that) before finalizing it.

Edit: The new round of blowups includes the opening frame of the Titans creating Erfworld, which is helpful.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-07-25 at 06:11 AM.