Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
I'll help you there:
Monsters only appear when you open a new unexplored room, or when you stop in an empty room. (room without other monsters and/or players. loot is allowed).
In both cases, your movement ends for this turn. You can't move after defending/attacking.

During your movement, you can pass rooms with monsters and you don't have to fight them. (unless someone plays "failed spot check" on you, then you stop and fight). When you open a new room, you have to stop and fight.
I know that, but what about when I'm already in a fight? Example: I'm on the second floor, fighting a Black Dragon and a Goblin. The Dragon kicks my butt, thanks to his attack I can't even approach, and my turn ends. On the next turn, do I have to fight the Dragon again (only to get my butt kicked again, and so on until I get killed and have to run back to the entrance), or can I move away and leave the two in the room?

About "emergency exit" - you can use it to escape while the dungeon is collapsing, check the FAQ here.
But this room could never be in Xykon's lair: even on the shortest game the lair is on level 4, and the lair is made up from those special nifty black "Xykon's Lair" cards. (Check the "game setup" and "endgame" sections on how to prepare the lair).

Hope that helped.
I misspoke in that sentence. Actually, the "employee exit" turned up on the 3rd floor, and the description says it has a ladder going down (which would mean to Xykon's floor). So how does that work?
And while we're at it: there can be only one found staircase, and there's the "employee exit", and I read in this thread there's another card giving a staircase. So there can be 3 staircases on the same floor? What happens if it's the last floor before Xykon?