So Erfworld exists in the concept of a board wargame...

Who designed it? Presumably, someone layed down the rules, naming conventions, organization, units, and so forth.

I'm not sure how this fits in with the continuity of the Erfworld comic, but it seems to me like it must be important because there are so many external references in the names and rules ("external" meaning that I doubt they have meaning internal to the game world; for example, I doubt that there are any Jews of Eastern European origin in Erfworld, yet there are numerous things in the game world that have Yiddish names; to Erfworlders, these are just names and don't have meanings).

Perhaps there is some point at which Parson will have the opportunity to meet the game designer back in the real world.

Furthermore, it invites the question of the role of the creator in the game; is he one of the Players? Which side? Is Parson (a "Player" too), now inducted into the game, interacting in some way with a Player as well? Is Stanley the gameworld Avatar of the "Bad" player?

So, to start at the end and work backwards:

The game designer is a young / sheltered child (probably a boy) who lives in a Yiddish household, probably middle to lower-middle class. He is smart (enough to design a wargame) and somewhat escapist, but not very creative (he would prefer to use things/names he's seen/heard rather than make up new ones). He has a lisp. His parents/guardians don't/can't buy him real wargames, so he is making the units out of things he can get around his house. He has access to internet culture and kid cartoon culture (possibly to include anime influences). He has played AD&D and Final Fantasy. He likes puns and word-play. He likes toilet humor. He has a much younger sibling, or still keeps some of his toys from his early childhood.

On to the evidence:

* The game system, according to Parson, is "pretty simple".
* Most of the "good" creatures are made of safe, soft, or harmless toys; teddy bears, tchotchkes off grandma's curio shelf, bits of marshmallow from candy or breakfast cereal (picture him lining up a unit of marbits on the game board).
* World-shattering artifacts are a kid's toy hammer and a pair of needle-nose pliers.
* The "bad" creatures all all classic monsters in kids fairy tales or "scary movies"; trolls, dragons, giant spiders, goblins, zombies.
* All of the "humans" are cartoony caricatures (big heads, big eyes, small mouths, large...attributes, freakishly large weapons, simplistic hands). To be fair, all of the monsters and creatures are also cartoony caricatures.
* Frequent use of Yiddish terms for names (Schlemiel elves, Tchotchkes, etc).
* Mispronunciation of 'r' consistent with lisping in names (Dwagon, Gwiffon, Gobwin, Spidew), which is not repeated by the residents of the world (i.e. it's not a lisped 'r' to the Tool, it's really how the word is said). "Sourmander" as a lisp of "Salamander", but complete with the puckered 'sour' lips.
* Words overheard (from parents perhaps but not understood) making it in, like the Tower of Efdup ("F***'d-Up"), or Sir Webinar ("Web Seminar"). As a stretch, Dora could be a reference to Dora Teitelboim, a Yiddish poet who writes about childhood.
* Tropes from AD&D statistics; for example, making Charisma the source of both Leadership and physical attractiveness (numerous examples, such as the Jillian (9 leadership) vs. Dora/"Toadface" (2 Leadership) spat, the high overlord of the "good" forces being "Prince Ansom" (Handsome), Lord Stanley insisting on getting a dashing, tall, pretty boy for the Chief Warlord of his armies rather than a tactician, etc.
* AD&D jokes ("Wanda Firebaugh" = "Wand of Fireballs"). Names of "characters" based on their highest stat ("Jillian Zamussels" = Jillions of Muscles = high STR; "Prince Ansom" = high CHA).
* Branches of magic of the type [foo]mancy, suggesting no historical/mythical background, just grafting a desired list of spells into a simplified category, and making it sound magical by adding "-mancy" to the end.
* Side note; an "Erf" is an Afrikaans unit of land roughly equal to a half-acre (which would be about world-sized to a half-inch tall marbit); alternately, it is the abbreviation for "Error Function", which is used in statistics. Not sure which is a more likely derivation.
* Although hygiene and food just "pop", as well as all beings coming into existence full-grown (understandable for a wargame that glosses over uninteresting details like food preparation, bathing, and population dynamics), there is still an explicit need for chamber pots, cesspits, and a whole branch of magic devoted to feces.

Some things that don't fit in (still working on why)...

* If the whole game is derived from a child's point of view, why are two of the main female characters involved in a long-standing and _very_ intimate relationship, including torture and domination. A little inconsistent with someone who is young enough for a kid's lisp.

* Why is a Vampire on the "Good" side? And why is it operating during the day (mandatory, since the "Good" turn is from noon to sunset) and sleeping in the coffin by night?

* Where do the Elvises fit in? The appropriate cultural references are, again, too old for someone who says "dwagon".

OK, I'm all used up for now. I'm sure I missed a few. Or I'm completely off-base.