Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
How would the name "Desperado" work for the gunslinger class?
That's what I suggested! But now dice, I was universally shot down on that one (no pun intended...).

Not because it doesn't work, but the group wants to save the 'desperado' name for a prestige class?... I don't agree, but that's part of operating in a group of people, sometimes something you think sounds good or not good is still what the group goes with.

Quote Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Also, you mentioned that this class would focus on mobility and ranged combat. Will it be mechanically or flavorfully similar to the Scout class from Complete Adventurer, or go in a different direction from it?
If we DO focus on ranged combat, as ideally we would (it's just a ranged combat kinda world), we're thinking of coming up with something new, but Tome of Battle-Esque. Coming up with a list of universal "Trick Shots" of varying degrees of power, and giving the class access to a limited selection of them in various ways. In fact, doing that might inspire an additional base class or two (or become a limited feature for another base class) with different ways to access the trick shots.

If the trick shots were universal to 'ranged combat', then the class could reasonably be adapted to other worlds, as a trick shot with an arrow is still awesome.

Also, calling the feature something other than 'trick shots' would probably be a good idea.