How is this situation not Parson's fault again? I mean he took the risk of setting that trap to try to lure Ansom out when he could have simply stacked everything he had over the lake, fresh and wounded dwagons thereby keeping them essentially unnassaultable due to Ansom's lack of air power.

Now Parson has to hope that Wanda's spell doesn't fail because if it does, it was ultimately Parson who chose to put those Dwagons where they are.

What I really want to see is the following.

Parson screws up and gets disbanded by Tool who promptly sends him to the front. While fighting there it is learned that Parson is basically impervious to Erfworld combat mechanics since he doesn't have stats. That leads to an interesting situation where he is either overpowered and captured (as he cannot e croaked) or he is Goliath on the battlefield, able to single handedly wade through Ansom's troops like they were not existant.

I hope it is the second one as Parson will then be seen to "snack on Gwiffons and eat Marbits for breakfast". Either way, he will eventually come into contact with Ansom and then possibly may switch sides at which point Stanley will take the Arkenhammer on board a Dwagon and bail out of GK.

Personally I thikn this would be a cool way for the story to play out since the loser Parson becomes "master of the universe" as far as Erfworlders are concerned. He is after all the master of tabletop strategy games, and Erforld is nothing if not a table top strategy game.