Analysis? Well, I think it's a little too early to start on that just yet-

(Immediately jumps on the bandwagon and begins analysis)

Parson Gotti is a surprisingly deep character. He doesn't exactly resonate with me on account of being a "loser"- I radiate too much awesome to be driven by despair - but he does show interesting character traits. At the very least, the man is fast; the fellow catches on quick as a whip to this new, alien world, and it's very believable because he has a "I'm nuts, let's go with it" mentality.

Actually, I think that right there demonstrates how much despair seems to drive Parson; he doesn't think " Wow, this could be real!"- instead, he automatically assumes something is wrong with him, personally. Parson is a character with a deep reserve of self-hatred and cynicism that is his primary motivator, but he has other sides to him as well.

For one thing, he's relatively kind- Misty- and he's connected with at least one person in Erfworld. Namely, Sizemore. Sizemore is the closest thing to a real friend Parson has in Erfworld, mostly because they are both very geeky. Sizemore's a geek about magic, of all things, but it's geekery nonetheless, and it makes him and Parson connect. Parson is a surprisingly friendly man, nice to Sizemore- such as letting him talk when the fiery-tempered Wanda wants to shout him down, something Sizemore, who has a cringing, submissive personality type, would not do on his own.

Parson is also strong-willed; remember the aforementioned Wanda? Wanda has a will of iron she is perfectly capable of reinforcing with whips; the spell on Julian, I'd argue, is based on nothing but sheer determination on Wanda's part. She wants the spell to work, the spell works.

Parson? He just rolls his eyes and mentions how talking to her is kind of pointless when you want real information. I love how he so casually brushes off someone so fierce.

I like Parson. I don't emphasize with his despair, but man, do I ever emphasize with his manner and his guts. Parson's pretty great.

I'd do others, but I just finishing installing Battle for Middle Earth, so if you'll excuse me to come back another day...