View Single Post

Thread: Folding@Home

1. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Post Re: Folding@Home

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update #2

Our team rank this week has improved from 16,577th to 11,377th! We've also passed 10,000 points in total!
    (points is the best indication of how much help has been given on this project)

Project related news this week:
    New PS3 client released: http://folding.stanford.edu/news.html

In team news this week:

We have 9 new members on our team this week - They are Phoe, Alarra, Mobius_Stripped, Alizhdheg, MaxDibe, Exachix, potatocubed, Reina and VLendle! Welcome to the team!!

Team member point contributions:
    (stats gathered Saturday night)
    Who has contributed to the team points this week? Here is the list (in alphabetic order):
    adanedhel9, Alarra, Alizhdheg, Archonic_Energy, Beaudoin, Bitzeralisis, Dennis_Callesen, Exachix, gaelbert, Khaldan, MaxDibe, Mobius_Stripped, Philip_Stella, potatocubed, Phoe, Pyro, Reina, VLendle and zargon!
    With the top 5 members in points gained in the last week being:
    1 Pyro
    2 gaelbert
    3 Phoe
    4 adanedhel9
    5 Bitzeralisis

Team ranks:
    All team members have changed rank this week! So I'll wait a few weeks for ranks to stabilize a little bit before adding this section.

Individual Milestones achieved
    (in points at 1K, 5K, 10K, etc.):
    1,000 points: Pyro, zargon, gaelbert, adanedhel9, Bitzeralisis and Phoe
    Congratulations to all those that have achieved a new milestone!

Link of the week:
    Harvard Video - view the "Inner Life of the Cell" animation. This is a general information video so not directly related with this project (but take special note where they talk about what proteins do). It does give some insight on just how complicated this "inner" world is.
    http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/media.html

p.s. If you have suggestions on how to improve these weekly update reports or any corrections to this or my FAQ type posts, let me know via message or post
    p.p.s. My posts will be edited quite often for corrections, due primarily to my nemesis - grammar!
    Last edited by Zargon; 2007-08-25 at 11:25 PM.