Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
The problem is that Stanley has no way of paying upkeep for anything, including himself, without GK -- he'd have no income and he can't take his existing funds with him.

In any case, it looks like Wanda just fell flat on her face while Sizemore's stock rose quite a bit (of which I approve; I find him to be the most generally likeable character on either side). Parson's situation is a bit murkier. On the plus side, he also expressed skepticism about Wanda's (over)confidence; on the minus side, his complete dependence on hiding the wounded dwagons without any backup plan whatsoever (e.g. the idea some folks had of mixing in a few healthy ones) in case they were found did make this fiasco possible.
I find it somewhat unlikely that a character would have to pay his own upkeep when he's not part of any clan. Certainly we have a couple of members of lost clans (Wanda and Jillian) who while we don't know their details yet, I'd say it's improbable they brought part of the treasury with them to hold them over until they got new gigs. I think the upkeep is related to position mostly, if Parson wasn't a warlord his upkeep wouldn't be anything like it is.

As for mixing healthy and wounded dwagons, it would have weakened the traps effectiveness and made Ansom less likely to fall for it. Taking out the siege would have slowed down Ansom's army progress considerably, but taking out Ansom would have potentially ended the conflict.

Ultimately winning against such an overwhelming force is going to require taking a gambit at some point, it just so happens that this was not one that paid off the way it was setup. Now if only Parson can make Stanley see things in a similar light.