Quote Originally Posted by Krelon View Post
that is only one way of perceiving the situation.

Ansom was sure his forest units can get the job done therefore he kept the archons as backup. If he found the donut hole full of dwagon jelly, I'm sure he would have asked Jillian & Co to join for the party.
The point is that Ansom is convinced the opponents leadership is terrible. He is 100% convinced that the wounded dwagons were in the middle. By using up all his move on the forest units to go around the outside he gave up the opportunity to kill the unwounded dwagons as well as the wounded ones.

It can be easily argued that if you have limited intel, it is an valid option to keep your fastest and most poweerful units in reserve sothat if you stumble upon some unexpected problem you still have something to counter them with. Which is something that actually happened.
That I can kind of agree with, but this is turn based warfare. What other opportunity is going to be better than killing all the B dwagons? What do you expect the reserve to DO? In realtime battles a reserve is much more useful than in turn based stuff, especially as units heal to full at the start of your turn.

Parson's plan was as good as possible and given little time he had, risky - the option was to do nothing. Do not forget that Parson is new to Erfworld while Ansom on the other hand is a veteran of many battles, created to be a prince/king and who has at least one capable advisor. Besides, there exist very few plans that survive the first contact with the enemy.
He carefully chose the position of the wounded dwagon stack. The units he had to be most scared of are jillian and the archons. Yet he placed them where the archons would stumble on them, going in an obvious direction towards Ansom. They also could have been in the forest, given that if the trap worked the forest units would be out of move. Or a couple of squares west of fort where the forest units could not reach.

The fact that they should have been found by Vinny's bats if they had been used intelligantly also annoys me. There was a decent chance the dwagons would not be veiled, so the bats should have been used to at least look for them, I suppose you could say they were being held in reserve for the escape, but still...
Ansom has not done ANYTHING smart at all to counter this, yet is on the face of it going to get a major victory, with a load of dead dwagons and warlords.

As Jillian and co as well as Ansom have some move left a chunk of the b dwagons should also get croaked, but I doubt that will happen either.