View Single Post

Thread: Gothmoor IC (purple)

1. - Top - End - #245
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

KELZIR

He continued stroking her hair, letting his hand run as far as he could along the length of it. His posture, though kneeling, was anything but servile at the moment. She could feel him shake his head against her.

"Zarraema, this collar is nothing more than a piece of jewelry to me. It is no mark of shame. It speaks a thousand things that I do not have the words for. I do not know what freedom is, nor do I care. I have not stayed with you for all your life because of a simple piece of metal. I stayed because Eilistraee wished me to, and because I wanted to."

"I stay now, because I have no desire to be anywhere else and our Goddess has not bade me to depart. This simple piece of metal, says I have survived the worst that the Demon Spider Queen could bring to bear. I have not gone unscathed, but I have survived. It says that Eilistraee's power is greater than that of any drow. It is a symbol of pride, of endurance, of dedication, of kindness, and of love."

"I wear it, to show others that faith in something greater than themselves can help them overcome even the darkest adversity. I wear it to show that even somebody so low as to be little more than a scraping off a boot, can make a difference. I wear it to give others of our people, hope."

"In all the years we were in the Underdark, I have had a hand in many escaping the clutches of the Queen of Spiders. I have helped others leave the city to start new lives elsewhere. I have shown others the way out, the way to the freedom you now have. I am enslaved by my faith and devotion. And were I to not have this around my neck, then others may never know that .... It doesn't have to be this way."
    Last edited by Edonil; 2007-09-01 at 04:01 PM.