Jack's Perspective

"Very well. Gather round everyone, for a short prayer to Khuft!"

The congregation all gather round the priest, who oulls out a heavy leather-bound book.

"I will begin by reading a short passage from the Book of Khuft, Chapter 5, Verse 6. And so Khuft did say unto the assembled masses 'Go forth into the world and spread this word that I have given unto you. Spread it in the hills, and the woods, and the towns, and the cities, and the hillocks, and the mountains, and the streams, and the forests, and the swamps, and the villages, and the taverns, and the hamlets, and the great palaces of the kings, and the halls of the gods, and the very hells that harbour demons, and the slums, and the docks, but not the cellars, as they are an abomination unto my holy name. And when you have spread this word, in the places which I have just mentioned, then you shall be blessed in my sight. And thus the masses did go down into the nearest tavern, and they did toast Khuft with beer and mead, and sing many songs about the goat and the horn, and only some of them contained sexual innuendo. And Khuft saw that it was good."

The priest closes the book and bows.

"Amen."