(3/3 -- Breaking up replies to be a bit more manageable)

Quote Originally Posted by Girl Wonder View Post
I, for one, could not be happier.
Well, I have to say you've been both defiant and consistent. (I like characters on both sides, but I'd like to see Parson survive. But I do admire your point of view.)

Quote Originally Posted by SPoD View Post
I expect this will end with Parson dressing down Wanda, and Stanley approving.
Only if Parson is a complete idiot. You don't need internal dissension -- you need the team working together. The best thing Parson can do after completing this battle is ensure this does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
the odds are not overwhelming for Parson, Jillian's side has all the momentum.
I'm not sure what story you're reading, but it's been lopsided from the beginning of the story. And nothing is certain right now, such just enjoy it.

The goodbye did release a plot point that that had to be dealt with before Jillian died.
She might live. She might not. There's clearly reasons to have her live even if she loses this engagement. And there's reasons for her not to. Personally, the character development would be sufficiently interesting that I would like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Juan View Post
I think the only way she can stay true to both is just to take herself out of the fight the only way she knows how...to 'die' in glorious combat.
She takes risks and might die, but dying is not on her agenda. Please don't misunderstand what she's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by israfel420 View Post
Why is everyone acting like Parson is the hero here?
Because he's able to act.

I mean if he hadn't tried to trap Ansom with that fort gambit he could have simply stacked all the dragons over the one lake(A and B) and been immune to this pitiful band of flyers.
It's not "pitiful". And he had reasons to expect that Jillian was not in the battle. If he took the mass stack approach, he would not have a situation where the fliers and air-attack capable units were separated from the column. Instead, the column would have been better fortified and attacking the siege engines would have been much more dangerous.

So I feel Parson has majorly booped up by taking a risky maneuvor that was unlikely to pay off considering Ansom's move rate and strength.
Gobwin knob is still strong, and Parson can still hurt the siege if he has a means to get warlords in place (which could easily be possible). As far as his commander is concerned, Gobwin knob is expendable -- his main goal are the Arkenpliers, which could have a major effect on the balance of power. If Parson can win this encounter and still obtain the pliers, he's doing fine as far as his overlord's goals are concerned.

I do agree that he took dangerous risks that were probably not warranted, but it is still possible to make this scenario work in his favor. And, yes, he could be defeated, but that's what made the setup challenging and interesting.