Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
Wow! That is some awesome art, and a very dramatic twist with Parson's order to croak Jillian. His cool control in a crisis is impressive.
Impressive my arse! Parson is, regrettably, not what he was advertised to be. He loses his cool in the last panel and reacts emotionally, making the worst possible decision for irrational reasons. At this point, it is more than ever critical to capture, rather than croak, Jillian. Her worth to Ansom has just skyrocketed; as a hostage she would be a very valuable bargaining piece, and a crimp in Ansom's plans. This is doubly important now that the dwagons and the warlords are going to heck in a bucket. On the other hand, if she's killed, Ansom will be after Parson's arse personally--no more maneuvering, coalition politics, etc. Neither can live while the other survives.

But Parson reacts emotionally like a newbie gamer--he has cracked under pressure, and is about to discard a key asset in a fit of childish pique. This is unforgivable in a strategist. Contrast this with Ansom, who has been shown to think coolly and creatively even with his boops in a vice. I find this hard to admit, being a fan of Parson from the start, but Ansom is the better warlord of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelon View Post
prediction:
Spoiler
Show

(Tool round) -Jillian
(Ansom round) -4 dwagons
(Tool round) -4 peeps
(Ansom round) archons disengage (carrying badly wounded Jillian to safety)
result: half of the dwagons lost, nearly no losses to the coalition but Parson can still carry out his siege trashing.
Wanda booped big time, Parson the hero
Hardly the hero, but otherwise a nifty resolution. I like it.