While it's possible that one of the main characters will be eliminated here, I doubt that any of them will. The most obvious candidate for death is Jillian, and there have been a lot of hints about her background that suggest there's still much more character development to be done. Wanda's too valuable to Stanley to eliminate -- even he's not that stupid. She's a croakamancer for an army that consists almost entirely of uncroaked units.

I should clarify what I meant about Parson disassociating himself from Wanda. At this point, Parson's carried out two actions: setting a trap to capture Ansom, which failed (though no one seemed to really expect it to succeed); and this much more elaborate, risky plan in which Parson threatened Ansom's siege units, and apparently left his dragons vulnerable, to draw out Ansom. (Sort of like threatening a rook with a queen, as a ploy to make the opposing king vulnerable). Stanley's had no confidence in Parson, and so far, Parson has had one minor failure and is apparently in the process of a major failure that will lead to the loss of Stanley's most valuable units in a desperately depleted force. Stanley had already considered sending Parson to the frontlines to get rid of him -- at this point, Stanley must be thinking of disbanding him. Parson -- as far as anyone knows -- is unable to break free of Stanley, and Parson believes his life is at stake.

Assuming Parson doesn't manage to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, he's going to have to come up with some means to avoid immediate disbandment by Stanley. The only way I can see for him to escape a charge of incompetence is to pin the blame on Wanda -- who has let him down every time so far, and has failed the trust he placed in her. If, on the other hand, Parson does manage to save the situation somehow, then perhaps he can extend a hand to Wanda.

Spoiler
Show
One possibility that crossed my mind, that I haven't seen mentioned: what if Part One ends with the death or disbandment or return to Earth of Parson? Everyone seems to assume that Parson's the main character. But Wanda, not Parson, is the first major character introduced, and several others are introduced as well before he appears. It's a convention, when setting a story in an alien setting, to have a character with whom the audience can identify, who is a stranger to that world and who will ask all the questions that call for exposition. Parson's been that character. But maybe he's done his job. Erfworld's been introduced. Parson's not even on the list of characters.