Quote Originally Posted by fendrin View Post
I like your idea better. We don't know that Jillian has broken the spell. She's also doing exactly what Sizemore said the spell would make her do: lead recklessly.
I still think the recklessness is simply Jillian being Jillian. My read on the situation is that she's broken the spell (for one thing, her failure to come up with a rationalization for bypassing the wounded dwagons is exactly what Sizemore described as a spell-breaking situation), but that there are remaining mundane psychological issues that are currently pushed aside in the heat of combat (another case of Jillian being Jillian) but still have the potential to complicate things.

Furthermore, the message Jillian sent Ansom can be considered to be good for Wanda. It allays suspicion that Jillian is a spy. I spy must be trusted to be effective.
The trouble with this line of reasoning is that it makes it possible to square any observed behavior with the notion that the spell is still in effect. That makes it impossible to come to any conclusions (Titans know it's difficult enough as it is ).

That said, I'll follow GW's lead and post a scenario that I don't think is particularly likely, but possibly interesting:

Spoiler
Show
If Wanda intends to eventually dispense with Stanley, getting all the dwagons croaked would make his one asset (the Arkenhammer) a lot less powerful.

The main problem then is the military defense of Gobwin Knob. She might (being just a tad disposed toward overconfidence) think that her legions of uncroaked would suffice. Alternatively, if she understands Ansom's motivations as indicated by his conversation with Vinny, she might hope to sue for peace. Handing over Stanley's head on a platter would satisfy Ansom's personal motivation, and getting Jillian to reveal herself as the legitimate heir would satisfy his political one (and also provide an answer to the question of what the Coalition would do with GK once they had it).

Of course, if that's the game Wanda was playing, losing control of Jillian (and possibly getting her croaked) puts something of a crimp in her plans....