Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
A dozen pages ago, Team Ansom had walked into Parson's trap, and looked equally doomed. At that rate, there's room for at least one more reversal of fortune.
The difference is that was clever plan, and as readers we could enjoy the wargaming aspects of exploiting the ruleset to completely pull one over on the opponent. I can follow everything up to Ansom being completely rope-a-doped because he knows that it must be a dumb plan because Stanley devised it.

And since then, we don't know what the boop to expect. The dwagons were way the hell off in the middle of nowhere, except that they were evidently between Ansom and Jill. Jill was bound by strong magic to not attack that target, except that she did. And now, Ansom can interrupt an enemy's attack phase from three hexes away? -sigh-

One of the great strengths of this comic is that I've long wondered what would happen next, because it's kind of cool to watch a wargame unfolding one segment at a time. But I'm not going to do that tonight. I'm sure that, in time, we'll find that these were the rules the entire time, but it's just not so much fun to learn about them in this order.