Quote Originally Posted by TheBaffledKing View Post
I agree, with one minor modification - your last sentence should've read: 'Ansom looks even more likely to win.' Shame that the summoning spell probably didn't come with a receipt...
That's one of the things in the full package that costs an extra 150k shmuckers.

Parson using two of his only advantages (the lookamancer setup and the dwagons) in concert with an exploitation of the game mechanics to reduce the odds against Gobwin Knob seemed pretty interesting to me. I was also fine with the risky but rewarding scenario the raid on the siege represented, because at 25/1 against it's difficult to even the odds simply by playing it safe.

I started to lose interest when Parson's plan ended up hinging on the strength of Wanda's hold on Jillian, as it reduced his credibility as the 'perfect warlord', but as that development added a certain amount of tension I ran with it. Now that the dwagons and warlords are on their way out I've more or less completely lost interest. I'll be very impressed if the authors manage to rekindle that interest, for all the reasons that Karellen mentions.
My best guess for the next "oh, boop" plot twist is that Ansom, Vinny, and Jillian end up stuck over the lake, waiting for two dozen dwagons to come for them at dawn. (They probably don't know about Stanley's intel, but even ordinary scouting by the dwagons would find them easily enough.)