Quote Originally Posted by Ozar View Post
Let me attempt to speak for the discontented.

Erfworld is Parson's story.

Parson's story is that of the classic Last Hope for an otherwise doomed nation/side. The draw of his character to the discontented readers (And probably many of the ones that are still enjoying themselves) is the dramatic irony of GK suddenly having a hardcore gamer at the helm. Someone who can turn not only turn the entire tide of the conflict, but also radically alter the balance of power in the setting. Aha! Finally someone to help the losers kick some boop!

Presently, this is not what is occurring.

It's a little too early in the story for the protagonist to be suffering a crippling setback like this. Imagine if the first issue of Batman had gone like this. The reader wouldn't (Typically) enjoy that. Usually a narrative waits a bit before humbling the protagonist so badly. What if Luke Skywalker never made it off Tatooine alive? What if Mario had died in Stage 1-1? That's no fun.

I believe that to those who are losing interest, Erfworld appears to be ending before it ever really got started.

Just my 2¢.
This.

We came to see what happens when you put a hardcore gamer in command of actual armies, not indecisive barbarbarian princesses and stereotypical princes. We came to see the dynamic between team evil, because those characters (with the exception of wanda) are NOT stereotypes. The early comic was fun and quirky, and we wanted to see more. Bogroll and Sizemore are interesting characters, and Parson, while stereotypical, is not in a standard situation.

But mostly...just THIS