Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
I've set forth my reasons why IMO these threads are, in plot terms, about Parson and Wanda as much as they are about Ansom and Jillian; you obviously don't buy it.
I don't buy it, and I think I've finally thought it through enough to articulate why:
When a story is, in plot terms, about someone, the plot tends to go their way, and intervene on their behalf. Stanley has just enough schmuckers for the Perfect Warlord spell; the plot works on his behalf. Wanda's parameters just so happen to match Parson perfectly; the plot works on his behalf. Jillian ends turn in a place easy for Stanley to swoop her up from; the plot works on his behalf. Parson finds an ally with an atypical knowledge of the world (Sizemore); the plot works on his behalf. Parson discovers that he has a degree of information far beyond anything Ansom has available - the plot intercedes on his behalf to make a plan workable. Up to this point, the plot has firmly been on Stanley's side, so we expect his side to be the focus.

But since Jillian was released, plot has been on her (and Ansom's) side - having her discover the dwagons, having a situation to break Wanda's spell (whether it's an actual spell or not), Ansom arriving just in time to save her from Manpower - which indicates that she, rather than Parson, is the central character. Plot has abandoned Stanley's team altogether, and no matter what comments they make, nothing is going to make them the central focus until and unless plot again is on their side - and frankly, plot switching sides so completely like that just doesn't sit well with me, even if it eventually goes back to Stanley's side.