Quote Originally Posted by Vreejack View Post
Except that given Jillian's proclivities I doubt they will ever be happy together. After a while Jillian will go sneaking off back to Wanda for some excitement. Stay tuned.
Bleah, I hope not. Jillian seems to feel like she contributes something to a relationship with Ansom, the need to 'save' him, look out for him, keep him from doing dumb things (as she sees them), and ironically, Ansom feels that he's the one saving -her- from herself. Better still, they're both right. I can see that being a -very- healthy type of relationship. As for needing Wanda for excitement, well, one of Ansom's weaknesses listed on the cast of characters page IS 'caution.' I can't see a man who dresses up in an Evel Knievel suit and is willing to jump through hoops of dwagonfire as totally boring. Also, he and Jillian's personalities sometimes strike sparks, speaking to an underlying level of intensity that could lead to something quite passionate. The one time we've seen Wanda and Jillian speaking in a natural setting, it was very girl-talk bff sort of fare. Any excitement for Jillian seemed to come from swallowing the physical and psychic abuse Wanda heaped on her, which is hardly healthy given the context in which it was presented.

Arguably, given Jillian's nature, Wanda is exactly the wrong thing for her. Just as Ansom loves Duty, Wanda loves Control, and Stanley loves Stanley, Jillian love Freedom. She said as much in her big speech to Ansom. Arguably, it's what she prizes more than anything. It seems likely she would have turned down a kingdom to keep it. I think for quite some time she knew this about herself, but hadn't quite accepted it. She KNEW she liked to be free, to wander and have no master (or mistress!), but hadn't accepted that that also means assuming a certain level of responsibility for oneself or her actions, the end result being a Jillian that, while certainly wild and untamed, was also a bit petulant and brattish, a little girl's freedom.

Feeling it's call, but fearing to embrace her nature entirely, perhaps Wanda's controlling hand gave her exactly what she thought she needed, a respite from scary, alluring freedom... a place where Jillian could be controlled, dominated, and not feel afraid of making bad choices, because she had no meaningful choices at all. Many submissive people are often very powerful and independent in public life, and view a relationship with a dominating person as a bit of a respite from having to always be responsible for everything.

So, Jillian found comfort from her insecurities, for a time, with Wanda, which Wanda was only too happy to provide because it served her interests and fed her own hunger to torture and interrogate, her 'hobbies.' Given her recent reaction to Parson's order to croak Jillian, however, it looks as if Jillian -might- have gotten inside of Wanda's head a bit, too. Clearly, the two have a level of repoire that can allow them to be friends, if Wanda can ever learn to respect Jillian and eschew her need to be the controlling element in any interaction. This is the sort of growth I hope we'll see in Wanda in the future, she -does- have a lot of growing that need to be done.

Anyway, Jillian had a primal desire to be 'free', but hadn't fully embraced it, and Wanda's manipulation provided a refuge. But, when push came to shove, and Jillian was forced to choose after Jaclyn shoved her into the crucible, Jillian 'grew up', in a way... she embraced her freedom-loving nature AND the attendant responsibility for making her own choices, flawed though they sometimes may be.

And she chose Ansom.

I would posit she doesn't need Wanda to dominate her any more. In fact, she would resent ANY one's attempts to do so (Wanda's especially, though Ansom will learn rather quickly that just because she loves him doesn't mean she's going to stop diving sword-first off gwiffons any time soon. Fortunately, Ansom has shown an ability to learn from his mistakes, so I don't forsee any long-lasting troubles, there.)

I really DO see a future for Jillian and Wanda, should they ever no longer be enemies on the battlefield, though this future is not the steamy girl-to-girl affair a lot of people seem to want. I can see them becoming friends... enough similarities (young women in positions of power and responsibility) to have things to talk about and enough differences (Wanda's calculated approach to life vs. Jillian's hack-first-ask-questions-later approach) for them to value each other's point of view. But again, this will depend on Wanda catching up to Jillian in terms of character growth. She's going to need to learn to respect and honestly -like- the new-and-improved Jillian, and deal with her as an equal all the time, not just when it suits Wanda. Their abusive relationship is dead, and good riddance to it. If Wanda can get past that, I forsee the potential for a long and enduring friendship.