View Single Post

Thread: Character Builder Thread

1. - Top - End - #627
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yeygresh
    I'd like to request a Level by level Hexblade build for a PbP game.

Clarification: All books available; I'd like to stick with Human as a race, but I can be persuaded otherwise; I'd like a powerful Hexblade build, PrC's are good, and a dip or two is fine; I'm not sure what we're using, but you can use 32 point buy; True Neutral if possible; I'd like a Melee focused build; this is going to be an Undead heavy game.

Please and Thank you!
    I was thinking about setting one of these up, so I thought I'd throw this in here. I'm not trying to ace anyone out as far as your build goes, but you might consider elements of it-
    Spoiler
    Show
    1:Marshal 1;Power Attack, Dodge
    2:Hexblade 1
    3:Hexblade 2; Mobility
    4:Hexblade 3
    5:Hexblade 5
    6:Marshal 2; [Feat]
    7:Marshal 3
    8:Marshal 4
    9:Arcane Duelist 1; [Feat]
    10:Arcane Duelist 2
    11:Crusader 1
    12:Crusader 2; [Feat]
    13:Crusader 3
    14:Crusader 4
    15:Crusader 5; [Feat]
    16:Crusader 6
    17:Crusader 7
    18:Crusader 8; [Feat]
    19:Crusader 9
    20:Crusader 10

Be sure to take the Creepy-Shadow-Panther-O'-Horrific-Doom (or "Dark Companion" if you're into the whole brevity thing) alternate class feature from the PHB2.

This gets you some good tanking abilities in the form of Charisma to your AC, Allies' abilities and your Saving Throws against Spells

Pick up Devoted Spirit and White Raven Maneuvers to keep the Debuff thing going (Party buffs and enemy debuffs are basically the same thing) and to keep yourself alive.

I'll fill in the feats as they occur to me.

Statistics:
    Str:15 Dex:12 Con:14 Int:10 Wis:10 Cha:16

Use the heaviest armor possible (Hexblade spells are nothing to write home about unless you go full Hexblade, in which case you end up being a Battle Sorcerer of half your level; just with more hitpoints).

Also, there are no reasons to take Hexblade beyond fourth level unless you're really desperate for fifth level's bonus feat.

Maybe Hexblade/Beguiler?
    Dual casting stats make the children cry.
    Last edited by Dr. Weasel; 2007-09-23 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Better meeting request