Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
You know, Girl Wonder, the main thing I took exception to was that you implied that people shouldn't feel sorry for Wanda; that that emotion is inappropriate because Wanda is evil.
I never said anything of the sort. Here, for reference, is the relevant part of my early post on the matter:

I am very much in agreement that she deserves no one's pity, and she shan't get mine. However, just because she doesn't deserve it doesn't mean people aren't free to pity her out of the charitableness of their hearts. Sadly, such charitableness would, were Wanda real, be seen as an exploitable weakness of theirs, and she'd put it to her own uses for certain, at least the Wanda we've known up to now would, and really, the people who gave her their pity would have been asking for it, knowing what she is.

I said she deserves no one's pity, but I never said people should or should not offer it up to her... that's their choice, but that any pity for Wanda is by nature charity, it is not deserved given what we have seen of her so far. Moreover, given what we have seen of her so far, it seems unlikely this charity would be returned in kind by Wanda, were she real.

I said nothing about inappropriateness or Wanda's 'evil.' If only those things that were deserved were to be considered 'appropriate', there would be a lot less charity in the world. My point was, and is, that if you feel sorry for Wanda, you are being charitable. If she were a real person, I think it would be far more constructive to feel sorry for those she's harmed and save the concern for Wanda's wellbeing once she's started rehabilitating herself.