View Single Post

Thread: The Cube (IC)

1. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: The Cube (IC)

Hotaru:

Quote Originally Posted by hexonxonx View Post
    Yashar looks at Hotaru and flashes him a very toothy grin.

"You remind me of me when I was younger. You don't trust me? Is it my questionable parentage? Most of the town knows that I am a tiefling; this is no great secret here. However, I am not evil, and have never once dealt with evil creatures." He shoots an obvious glance at the two aasimars in attendance. "I am merely impatient because word of a treasure pile of this size attracts attention, and I would have members of our town get to it first. News travels fast, even this far out in the Outlands, and parties of adventurers much more powerful, and possibly downright wicked, will cracking open The Cube soon. Perhaps in a few weeks, most likely in a few days. It is in our territory, and we are the rightful owners of the treasures. Besides the Stone Woman, but she is beyond our law, of course." He frowns. "Whatever the legal status is, you are welcome to do what you will with the share of the treasure. Fees are 4000 GP a person, or the equivalent in any loot you find. There are no secrets in Xii'thktor. We are a small town, and I know better than to try to keep a secret from anybody, even myself.
    Hotaru gives Yashar one of his cheekiest but most charming smiles. "Oh, no, sir! It is not that I don't trust you, I find you 'merely' fascinating at worst, and anyone with so much treasure on their borders would be anxious."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+12)[32]

He drops his voice into a conspiratorial whisper, "I have adventures of my own, you know, that I am most anxious to return to. This trip shall finance those travels exceedingly well."

While waiting for answers to all the questions that have been asked, Hotaru decides to take a look around at the rest of the assembled adventurers.

The warrior with St Cuthbert's symbol is beautiful beyond compare and should prove to be a delectable distraction. Teasing paladins is so fun, they're so uptight! The dwarf is a welcome addition (She looks like she knows how to wield that axe, though she seems but lightly armed.) The wizard (How could he be ought else than a wizard?) seems an odd fellow, but one cannot judge a wizard by his appearance alone. The last person, the golden-skinned man, has caught Hotaru's imagination. Perhaps this man knows something of dragons!

"Hi!" says Hotaru brightly to the rest, addressing them for the first time. "My name is Hotaru, though my friends may call me 'Ru. This shall be exciting, shan't it?"

((OOC: woo-hoo! natural 20!))
    Last edited by Grrth; 2007-09-26 at 11:24 AM.
    My Characters:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ke'Kitathas El'Tulari of Ambulating Artifacts:

Kit, Elven Paladin of Corellon Larethian, lvl 1
    (current) AC 13, hp: 10/10, init +1, Listen/Spot +4

Kai'Ninaste El'Tir of Lich Ruler:

Nina, elven Ranger/Rogue of Solonor Thelandira, lvl 2/3
    AC 17, hp: 26/26, init +3, Listen/Spot +12

Hotaru of The Cube:

'Ru, half-elven Bard, lvl 5
    AC 16, hp: 20/20, init +2, Listen/Spot +6/+1