View Single Post

Thread: Could 90s Music suck any more?

1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Could 90s Music suck any more?

Here are some albums which I think are great from the 90s off the top of my head:

Spoiler
    Show
    Daft Punk: Homework
    Carl Craig: More Songs about Food and Revolutionary Art, Progrmmed (as Innerzone Orchestra)
    Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream
    Radiohead: The Bends, OK Computer
    Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works 1 and 2, I Care Because You Do, Richard D. James Album
    Autechre: Tri Repetae, LP5
    Black Dog: Bytes, Spanners
    Plastikman:
    Nas: Illmatic
    Outkast: ATLiens, Aquemini
    The Flaming Lips: Transmissions from the Satellite Heart
    Mogwai: Young Team
    Pavement: Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
    Moodymann: Silentintroduction
    Sigur Ros: Aegaetis Byrjun (?)
    Blur: 13
    Plastikman: Musik
    Company Flow: Funcrusher Plus
    Nirvane: In Utero
    Pearl Jam: Ten
    Massive Attack: Blue Lines

and so on...

Now, while I admit that a large number of these albums are not rock, which you seem to prefer, you can see that there are a lot of great albums in there.

I'm sure there are loads more I haven't thought of or which I simply haven't heard of yet (I wasn't really properly listening to music until late in the decade), and I deliberately left off the various great albums made by artists who had been around during previous decades (e.g. Depeche Mode, Neil Young).

So basically I think that you're doing 90s music an injustice by stressing the rubbish that was coming out at the same time. Still, I don't envy you having to listen to that 90s pop station

EDIT: I just saw Jorkens' post- must have missed it when I sacnned the thread the 1st time- but I coul have just said "I agree with Jorkens", as he summed up my feelings perfectly.
    Last edited by TMTree; 2007-10-08 at 01:02 PM.
    I smell dead people.

Minion of a being of pure malice and chaos since 2007