Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Violence View Post
Are you kidding? I looked at today's one and thought "Damn, that's one of the worst so far!" Used to good effect my ass! Tis about as cliched as me calling the guy a lousy hack! It just goes to further the whole 'emo-ness' of the strip that as this stage is starting to make me think that I could have more fun by going out and talking to a bunch of 12-year-olds about their feelings. Its 'potentially' a good device, but he uses it in such a blatantly heavy-handed way that its just painful to read. Maybe if he didn't waste a week's worth of comics on a ****ty fight scene he could've avoided cramming one fairly decent device into a couple of panels.
First, on topic: I read today's DD this morning, and caught up with the thread after work. My first thought on reading Tom's post was, "Man, that's a little harsh. I know today wasn't good, but it wasn't the usual strip-scraped-off-somebody's-shoe." Then I reread the strip.

What POSSIBLE justification is there for asking Dominic about the ceremony? That's just blatantly dumb! This has been a closed culture until the last couple of years, so let's ask a complete stranger how to approach our hallowed ritual!

Barf. Combine this with "I just killed you, but I love you and I want you back" and Mookie has hit a new low.

Second, off topic: I'm another long-time lurker, who was pulled out of hiding by another thread. I've been trying to decide for quite a while whether to thank you all, or slap you collectively: I kept seeing posts pop up on this "Dominic Deegan" Oracle for Hire" thread, and figured there must be something to a strip so commented-on.

Then I read it, and my palm started to itch. I was past the point when I could yell at you, since my voice had given out midway through Storm. I started yelling at my computer midway through Ecstasy, if you're curious.

I came in to read this thread (after scraping the horror off of my eyes) to see what kind of people could actually find redeeming qualities in the complete garbage I'd just read; was this whole thread contributed to by people who clean their toilets orally?

No, you all felt like I did, and your vitriol has made it worthwhile to continue reading DD. I snarl, gag, or scream with every update, then run over here to see what's been said. It's great!

And honestly? I don't want DD to change. Yeah, it was halfway to OK originally, and my blood pressure might like the downward spiral to reverse itself... but this thread wouldn't be anything like as much fun any more!