View Single Post

Thread: Erfworld 83, Page 77

1. - Top - End - #211
    Banned

Default Re: Erfworld 83, Page 77

Did you bother to read what I wrote? I said I was expecting Parson to lose more dwagons. But loss in battle is one thing, wholesale slaughter is another!

Parson expected to win with almost no effort, or loss. Jillian pulling off a rescue would have been a "fair" boop-up on Parson's part. The trap wasn't tight enough to hold Ansom. The enemy commander got away. The best laid plans of mice and men...

But that's not what happened. Jillian picked a "lucky flight path" and utterly decimated the A-stack. And Parson should have been able to predict/prevent that from happening. The dwagon slaughter was just gratuitious violence.

Luck plays a role. But it should not be the sole deciding factor. Parson doesn't have to "win" in the end for this to be a good story. He can die/lose fighting to the last man, even taking up a weapon and using his size to his advantage until the sheer number of Ansom's troops riddle him with arrows. I'm sure a guy like Parson would prefer to fight in the shade.

But he has to have a chance. The dice were loaded against him. And I call "foul."
    I did. Sounds like semantics to me. Not that I can genuinely recall the casualty report, but 3 Warlords, 2 of whom are undamaged, Gwiffons, Archons, Arkenplier bonus, vs. Weakened to hell Dwagons and the Uncroaked Warlords? As Parson says.. "That was not winnable". You don't know the stats any better then I do, but that sounds like a reasonable 100% win to me.

As to when he had a chance.. he did. That chance was lost when the Dwagons were found. He had a perfectly legitimate shot at a win before then. It sucks to be Parson that one chance like that can ruin your game, but he did have a fair shot before then.
    Last edited by Rutee; 2007-10-30 at 06:17 PM.