Suzette

Suzette smiles as she watches and listens to the others. They were finecombing the place, opening concealed drawers and hidden compartments that she would never have thought to look for. As Jacob had said, they must be finding solace in continuing a habit from a previous existence. Soon, the futility of the act would dawn on them. They were dead. They no longer needed anything, and what they might want would either become futile or a matter of patience. Even for the spellcasters, the day would soon come when they had gathered any and all spells ever conceived.

"We have eternity stretched before us. This may seem either a blessing or a curse, but to me it is a purpose. There is a war going on, which Senue monks would normally avoid, since we shun politics. I now believe that I am destined to make a difference in this war, and that this is the reason I was captured and 'survived' whatever ritual they used to create me. As soon as I get out of here, I will find out more about the different parties in this war and join the side I am meant to join. Who knows, if you are all bent on revenge on our creators, our roads might coincide a while longer."

With that, she starts climbing the staircase to the next level, thinking "or perhaps, they might cross" as she steals a sideway glance at the more violent characters.