"Oh, a sea voyage. Lovely. Rakir, first of all, where was Mr. Walthers? I may still need to talk to him. Second, fly down to the docks and see how many ships large enough to carry our four wagons there are. Third, report where they are berthed to me," Maeleg said.
"Boss, are you talking to me? I can see your lips moving, but there's no sound," replied the raven, rather more loudly than necessary.
"Are you kidding me, Rakir?"
"Master, you can cover your ears when he uses that thing. I can't. You can either give up on what you're trying to tell me, or wait for my ears to stop ringing."
Maeleg said something impolite in elvish, and briefly contemplated writing out his directions, but decided against it. Paper was expensive, and he had little coin. Looking at Bob Purser's prostrate form, and the teamsters standing around looking at each other, Maeleg sighed and started thinking.

"Thierry, could I trouble you to head down to the docks and see if you can figure out what ship we're supposed to be loading the wagons on? Or maybe see if Bob has a bill of lading? I'm not sure if waking him up will be helpful at this point. Jim, please see to loading the supply wagon, at least. We shouldn't have too much trouble figuring out what goes on that. James, I'm inclined to believe the boss' wagon is loaded, since he's the only one with a key. If you could get a team hitched up, and head down to the docks with Thierry or one of the other guards, that could save us some time. Everyone else, please help Jim with the supply wagon until we have a better idea of what's going on. All we know for certain at this point is that we don't have a lot of time. I'll see about Vos."

Maeleg gave a few seconds for his requests to sink in, then quietly walked over to the corner of the warehouse where Vos was engaged in communing with his god. Waiting for an opportune moment, he said quietly, "Vos? Terribly sorry to interrupt, but it seems we have rather less time than we thought, and we could really use your help getting the wagons loaded."