View Single Post

Thread: Mafia IV - Star Wars - NIGHT 8

1. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Night 4

(Thanks to Topher for the death scene.)

Topher sits patiently awaiting what he knows is coming. Already he can hear the crowd outside yelling and cursing, and what they are shouting is unambiguous.

“We’ve come for you Topher!”
    “We know you were responsible for Jontom’s death!”
    “Kill the damn gangster!”

They are ready for their daily lynching.

“Charge the hanger before he gets away!”

They needn’t worry; Topher has never considered running. At this point what difference would it make; they’d simply hunt him down. With a sigh he meets the crowd at the door just as they are preparing to knock it down. They have come armed; several of the members, who appear to be leading this charge, pull Topher from the doorway, quickly surround him and order blasters be kept on him at all times.

“My friends, you don’t need the weapons, I will go with you. If this is what is necessary to prove my innocence then so be it. But will you all please allow me a few last words.”

Knowing there is no chance for him to escape, the leaders of the mod permit him to speak his piece. They keep their weapons trained on him though, to discourage any foolish attempts at a rescue. Topher can see from the looks on faces that what he has to say will have little effect on these severely enraged people, but that’s no longer the point.

“My brothers, I want you to know that I had nothing to do with Jontom’s death. It seems are enemies have come up with a clever ruse to turn everyone against me. And it has worked. I do not blame you for this. In these times of paranoia and deception, I know you all do what you think is best. Sometimes the obvious choice is the right choice; I just wish you could all see that this is not one of those times. I will now go freely to whatever fate you have in store for me, but ask that you do something for me: find those who would prey upon you, defeat this blockade, and bring justice to a planet gone wrong. But, most importantly, to my old friend Luke, please protect Leia for I am no longer able.”

Following the speech, the members of the crowd look around at each other with unsure feelings. Is he telling the truth? Can we risk it? What are we to do now?

Seeing this reaction from the crowd a lone man raises his voice so as to be heard by all. Topher believes he recognizes the face, but can’t remember from where or when. The man speaks quickly so as not to give him the chance.

“You speak in lies Topher! Are we going to allow this degenerate to poison our minds like this? Have you forgotten so quickly what happened to Jontom? Yesterday he was alive and accusing this man; today he his dead. And I, for one, do not believe in coincidences. We must get rid of this evil before he can take any more of us! Now who’s with me?!”

It doesn’t take much to get the group back into its previous state. The same chants are resumed, now louder and more hateful. The crowd swiftly leads Topher toward the Pit of Sarlaak where he will meet his demise. Only one among them notices what Topher drops along the way. Bending down to investigate, he can’t help the sickening feeling of realization. Turning the ID over, the truth becomes all too clear, the man now being led to his death is not who they thought he was.

Throwing open his cloak he glances down at his lightsaber. “I could easily save him; who amongst them would be able to stop me?” He reaches for the weapon, but his hand stops a few inches from it. The image of Obiwon has appeared before him offering his usual advice.

“Don’t do this”, he tells Luke, “most of them are rebels just like you; they were also deceived. It is too late for Han; you must use your training, and help these rebels to root out the true evil. Make his death not be in vain.”

Obiwon disappears. Knowing Obiwon is right and there is nothing to be done for Han, Luke falls back into the shadows while speaking to a friend he knows can no longer hear him. “I promise to you Han; I will find Leia, and together we will avenge you. Go to the Force my friend.”

Topher was lynched.

Spoiler
    Show
    Topher was a Lover/Han Solo. The Hutt Gangsters have completed their side quest.

Hours later, a lone figure, now dressed in his more customary bounty hunter garb, enters a desert palace. Han almost recognized him; he knows this. Had he been discovered, the crowd could have turned on him and possibly even followed this back to his employer.

Approaching the throne, he thinks better of mentioning it and gets to the point quickly; the Hutts are notorious for being impatient and unforgiving. Also, there is a figure hanging over the rancor pit.

“It is done,” he announces to Jaba.

"MWa hhea mut? (What is done?)"

"Solo. He is dead."

Jabba jumps with joy - a truly horrifying sight - and the figure - Cult of the Raven accidently falls into the pit.

"Whoops! (Whoops!)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cult of the Raven was devoured by the rancor (autolynched). Cult of the Raven was a Rebel/Villager.

Night 4 Begins Now. Night 4 Ends at 9 PM CST (-6 GMT).
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-14 at 08:29 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"