View Single Post

Thread: The Grinder Group 2

1. - Top - End - #10
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: The Grinder Group 2

The large man at Fiona's side bows politely. "Ranvor, man at arms and bane of evil at your service. This sword on my back has slain many a foul fiend, and I look forward to slaying many more. I am pleased to meet you all, and I trust we will face the dangers ahead together."

He turns to the many-colored ensemble of Telirons. "If one of these is to accompany each of us, I'm a bit partial to Fury. I leave the spellcasting to Fiona here, but I won't say no to having an extra person to watch my back. Are they readily expendable, or does it take significant effort to replace them?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Please don't make us start without TheMeanDM.

My character sheet.

Stat block:
    Ranvor
    Human Crusader 13/Master of Nine 5
    Lawful Good; Humanoid (human)
    Initiative +7; Senses (blindsense 30' when in Hearing the Air stance)
    Languages: Common
    Immune: Fear, Poison, charms and compulsions that grant ongoing control, death magic and negative energy, grappling, magical movement impairment
    SR 31
    Fire resist 5
    Fort 29, Ref 22, Will 26
    Space/Reach: 5'/5'
    Base Atk 16; Grapple immune (25 if ring suppressed)
    Atk Options/Special Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first 20 damage I take each round goes into a delayed damage pool and doesn't actually hurt me until the next round. For each 5 points of damage in the pool, I get +1 attack and damage.

If a spell has a save and I succeed on it, the spell has no effect at all on me. Spells with reflex saves that do something other than reduce the damage by half are the only exception.

+2 attack and +6 damage when using a strike.

Ranvor cannot use any one maneuver more than once every three rounds. The details are a little more complicated, but that's a simple close approximation.

His maneuvers allow him to:
    Strikes (standard or full round action):
    1) Hit someone and, if it hits, cast Heal on a party member at the same time.
    2) Full Attack. Twice.
    3) Charge in a group with other party members. The other party members spend only an immediate action to come along, and get bonus damage for the charge. If at least two people hit, the target is stunned for one round.
    4) Full Attack with an extra attack.

Mobility (swift action):
    1) Teleport 50'. Requires line of effect and line of sight.
    2) Take a move action.

Boosts (swift action):
    1) Get 1d6+18 bonus fire damage for one round.

Counters (immediate action):
    1) Get a +18 bonus to one save
    2) Shield bash someone to make an attack miss. Can be done in response to the attack he wants to miss.
    3) Replace his AC with an attack roll for one attack.

Miscellaneous:
    1) End one selected spell or effect with a duration of 1 or more rounds that is currently affecting him.

Stances:
    He can have any one of these active at any given time. Switching requires a swift action normally, but can be done as part of using a counter (see above) thanks to a Master of Nine class ability. He can have two active simultaneously for 10 rounds per day.
    1) One counter per round does not require an action. This leaves next round's swift action available for boosts, etc., or allows using two counters in the same round.
    2) Make a fort save to prevent damage dropping me below 1 hp. DC = how far below 0 the blow would put me. Stance ends after three uses of this ability but can be restarted by activating the stance again (swift action or part of a counter).
    3) +18 damage to all charge attacks by party members.
    4) Each successful attack by me heals a party member of 2 damage.
    5) +9 damage to me and flanking ally when flanking a foe.
    6) Each time someone misses me, my AC increases by 2 until my turn starts.
    7) I have blindsense 30'.

Skills
    Balance 11, Intimidate 26, Jump 28, Martial Lore 20, Tumble 22
    Wings of Flying and Charisma +6 (108000)
    Ring of Evasion, Sustenance, and Counterspells x3 (46750)
    Ring of Freedom of Movement and Diamond Mind (Pearl of Black Doubt and Hearing the Air, 67000)
    Gloves of Dexterity +2 (4000)
    Mithral Full Plate (10500)
    +1 Animated Heavy Steel Shield (9170)
    Crimson Dragonhide Bracers +5 (Draconomicon, +5 natural armor, fire resist 5, 53000)
    Manual of Gainful Exercise +2 (55000)
    +1 Martial Discipline (Diamond Mind) Adamantine Greatsword (11050)
    2 daggers
    masterwork greatsword
    Heward's Handy Haversack
    Last edited by Douglas; 2007-12-17 at 03:54 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)