"They are neither pets nor expendable, friends," Teliron says. His tone is just a dash short of annoyance at having anyone claim them to be expendable. "They are, for all intents and purposes, me. Each is a copy, a shard of my power and my life. They will fade by tomorrow morning, and I will reconjure them. Each can protect you, and while they share my general personality, yes, each is influenced by an aspect of my emotions. Likewise, you need only tell them what you need them to do, and if it is within their power, they will do so. They can protect you, if you ask them. They can strengthen your magic, if you tell them."

With these words, Teliron casts two spells in rapid order--the first fills everyone, clones included, with a feeling of hope. For the second, he slips a jade circlet over his head and chants briefly, then motions swiftly as if sealing the spell.

"While my spell lasts, my clones will be better able to maintain your enchantments. Anything cast either by myself or by any of you can be maintained by the Eidolons, made to last all day long."

Suddenly, the jade circlet melds into Teliron's flesh, and in a flash of light the purple-scaled wizard is replaced by an indigo-hued angel of great height, swaddled in the same endless silks as Teliron himself was.

Spoiler
Show

Rolls for Spellcraft; the first roll where I hit a 63 or better Persists the Shapechange. Since I can't edit in rolls, I'll just make a few here and see how many it takes...
1: (1d20+50)[65]
2: (1d20+50)[60]
3: (1d20+50)[56]
4: (1d20+50)[65]
...If it takes more than that, I'll eat my hat! And my hat is a Turban of Intellect!

For the record, my clones are all +45 to Spellcraft right now, so it'd be a good time to Persist things.