Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
Indeed. If all the classes get ability bonuses, and no penalties, it's still balanced. Just in a more fun way.

SweetRein, good point about the Ray attacks, I didn't think of that. Though with the Wisdom boost, they might be more friendly to Cleric battle spells that require an attack roll.
Well don't forget the much maligned Golden Wyvern Adept, that needs Wisdom as an attribute for maximum usefulness. It seems like they are shifting towards a higher level of MAD for all classes. Which is good given that they are pushing towards point-buy. The net result is more balanced characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler
Reduced the elven lifespan by a factor of three. I guess the vast majority of faerun elves (or any elves really) have just turned to dust since they should have been dead for several centuries...
Not at all. This is just the default elf. We have yet to see what Faerunian Elves will look like. I imagine the races of each world will be different; just like they always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerish
that's interesting stuff and finally some hard-info \o/ interesting turn of fluff with the "play an Elf if you want to..." and sample char ideas.

that racial feat is however really, really weak! +2 tohit for 1 roll per encounter! :(

'shifting' as a new name for 5' step does sound reasonable. If so I like the 'Wild Step' feature, both useful and part of the sure-footed style
I don't think the racial feat is weak. I mean, it is, but... since it is for a per encounter ability; a per encounter ability you are almost certainly going to use every encounter... you will get your money out of it.

Plus, the racial feats may all be on the weak side, which is fine if they give them to you for free as you advance...