Carmot

Carmot looks towards Syd, his head tilted a little in curiosity. "Wine cellar?" He thinks a bit. "Oh, a place to store wine to let it age and improve in quality." He says in realization. "I doubt that an inn would have such a thing, most consumables would doubtlessly be brought in on regular shipments."

He then says, "I think I would be best suited for keeping watch, my body cannot be restored from the weakening attacks inflicted on me without magical repair... for some reason. I don't require sleep so I can keep watch while you all get rest."

He looks over at the barred door.

"Though... from what I know of the buildings layout, that door leads out of the building... and since this basement was designed as a safe haven from whoever might attack the inn I imagine that it leads to another safe place or an outside entrace. Like some kind of emergency escape tunnel."

He turns to the others, "We could try exploring it a little ways to see how far this strange light goes. If we run into trouble we could return here. Though getting a good nights rest first might be best."

If the others decide to rest until morning, he finds a spot where he can see the entrance they came in and the cage with the weasel, his loaded crossbow an his hand and pointed toward the ground. He tries to stay as inactive as possible while still keeping a decent eye on the door and the weasel.